Assemblyman Edward Ra always puts the needs of our community first above those of special interests and bureaucrats. Assemblyman Ra fights each and every day for the working families, seniors and children in our Assembly District. As a lifelong resident of the 19th Assembly District, Ed understands the needs and concerns of our local communities and believes in our suburban way of life. In Albany, he continues to fight for us and deliver… each and every day:
MIDDLE CLASS TAX CUTS
- Ed has voted to CUT TAXES on the middle class families and seniors.
- Thanks to his work is the Assembly, New York State’s marginal tax rate is at its lowest in the past 50 years.
- Capped local property taxes, forcing local governments to stop massive property tax increases.
- Fully supports additional mandate relief to further save local governments money.
BRINGING HOME OUR FAIR SHARE
- “Long Island schools will get most state aid since recession” read the Newsday headline.
- Assemblyman Ra fought for and won more of our fair share of state education aid.
- Successfully reversed Governor Cuomo’s drastic cuts to state school aid in the proposed Executive Budget.
REFORMING EDUCATION IN NEW YORK STATE
- As the Ranking Member of the Assembly Education Committee Ed has been a consistently loud & strong voice against Common Core in New York.
- Voted against reappointment of Regents who poorly implemented Common Core.
- Authored the APPLE Plan to put children before politics, ensuring reform of education by halting Common Core’s flawed implementation, standards and high-stakes testing and a return of control to our local school boards
- Advocated for proper equity for special education students to ensure they receive the education and resources they’re entitled to and deserve
CREATING JOBS & REPAIRING OUR LOCAL INFRASTRUCTURE
- Sponsored a “Small Business IRA” Account which is now the model for federal legislation to allow small business to reinvest their capital in expansion and hiring
- Delivered close to $1.2 million in additional funding for road repair funds to Nassau County, our local towns and villages to repair roadways after this harsh winter.
Assemblyman Ra has worked on the quality of life issues that matter to us locally:
- Sponsored and passed legislation for a federal aircraft noise study to provide data to ensure proper use of runways and flight paths that have increased air traffic over our communities
- Worked to reform LIPA to ensure energy experts, rather than political appointees would run our power system
- Enacted the first increases in TAP aid for NY’s college students since the economic downturn